Positive words that start with N can prove to be helpful in communicating emphatically with almost anyone. Incorporating some of these positive words in your routine can manifest some groundbreaking results.
You will feel a crystal-clear advancement in all of your personal and professional relationships just by using positive words. So, the key is to identify negative words in your style and replace them with positive ones.
The rationale behind this is that more than anything we all want to be treated as a human. A human who has emotions, weaknesses, strengths, and the ability to connect and share, so together with these positive words beginning with N we can easily brighten up someone’s day without any extra effort.
Furthermore, these words also have extensive applications like complimenting, motivating, and encouraging someone. Since most of the time, people just need to hear a few positive words to rise and get back up on their feet.
So, let’s jump right at this list of positive words starting with N.
Table of Contents
Positive Words That Start with N to Describe a Person
In this section, we’ll discuss positive words that start with N to describe a person or his unique attributes. You can also use these words starting with N to describe a person positively to build a good relationship.
- Definition: sacred, little saint of God
- Synonyms: holy man, paragon, ideal
- Example: His behavior with everyone is like a neven.
- Definition: particularly good, skillful, or effective
- Synonyms: capable, agile, useful
- Example: Jim is a very nifty worker.
- Definition: showing an ability to think or respond quickly and effectively
- Synonyms: quick, sharp, intelligent
- Example: When we first meet Jennet she’s a nimble-witted 11-year-old girl studying natural philosophy with her scientifically inclined Aunt Isobel.
- Definition: (of a young woman) sexually attractive
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, lovely, attractive, good-looking
- Example: He employed a procession of nubile young secretaries.
- Definition: a mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations
- Synonyms: sprite, sylph
- Example: Her physical features are nothing less than a nymph.
- Definition: giving pleasure or satisfaction; pleasant or attractive
- Synonyms: enjoyable, pleasant, pleasurable, agreeable
- Example: He had a very nice attitude.
- Definition: having no match or equal; unrivaled
- Synonyms: incomparable, matchless, unrivaled, unparalleled, unequaled, without equal, peerless
- Example: He is a nonpareil storyteller.
- Definition: alert and clever
- Synonyms: gifted, bright, sharp
- Example: Your son is a nimble-minded football player.
- Definition: elegantly and stylishly fashionable
- Synonyms: chic, smart, sophisticated
- Example: I like your shoes, they are very nobby.
- Definition: easily seen or noticed; clear or apparent
- Synonyms: perceptible, discernible, detectable, distinguishable
- Example: His noticeable hard work is the reason behind his success.
Positive Words That Start with N to Encourage Yourself
This segment of the article comprises encouraging words that start with N. These words can really help you uplift someone’s spirit.
- Definition: conforming to a standard
- Synonyms: usual, standard, typical
- Example: It’s normal to get sad and depressed but it’s not okay to give up.
- Definition: a recently born child or animal
- Synonyms: infant, young, babe
- Example: The newborn looked so delicate and beautiful.
- Definition: perform (an action or task) perfectly
- Synonyms: performed wonderfully
- Example: She nailed the high notes.
- Definition: great in number; many
- Synonyms: many, a lot of, a great many, very many
- Example: She had complained to the council on numerous occasions against racial discrimination and never gave up.
- Definition: extending or reaching throughout a whole nation
- Synonyms: national, countrywide, state, coast-to-coast
- Example: He is a winner of a nationwide hunt event.
- Definition: settle or lie comfortably within or against something
- Synonyms: snuggle, cuddle, cuddle up
- Example: He was nestling in the bed after working all day.
- Definition: propose or formally enter as a candidate for election or an honour or award
- Synonyms: propose, put forward, put up, submit, present
- Example: Your film will be nominated for several Oscars.
- Definition: (of something undesirable) not necessary because avoidable
- Synonyms: unnecessary, inessential, non-essential
- Example: Don’t pay attention to needless information and focus.
- Definition: noteworthy as news
- Synonyms: interesting, topical, notable, noteworthy
- Example: Your net podcast will be a newsworthy event.
- Definition: the lasting whole night
- Synonyms: long, lengthy, extended
- Example: We’ll arrange a nightlong party for your success so work hard.
The majority of us are very good at criticizing others but when it’s time to compliment someone, we hesitate. Now is the time to break this norm by using these nice words that start with N.
- Definition: new or modern, recent
- Synonyms: original, innovatory, innovational, new
- Example: Another effort by the White House to display its neoteric wizardry went awry.
- Definition: to render clean
- Synonyms: wash, cleanse
- Example: He was able to netify the whole room in just an hour.
- Definition: of a new type or style; up to date
- Synonyms: novel, fresh, original, unhackneyed, imaginative
- Example: He always wears new-fashioned clothes.
- Definition: silent or very quiet
- Synonyms: silent, still, hushed, noiseless, soundless
- Example: A cycle is a noiseless form of transport.
- Definition: able to move quickly
- Synonyms: agile, acrobatic, light
- Example: Andy was able to get past 3 players, he is very nippy.
- Definition: arranged in a tidy way; in good order
- Synonyms: tidy, neat and tidy, as neat as a new pin, orderly, well ordered
- Example: He always keeps himself neat and clean.
- Definition: (of a person or an article of clothing) smart and fashionable
- Synonyms: smart, stylish, fashionable
- Example: She looked beautiful in a natty blue blazer.
- Definition: efficient as food; nourishing
- Synonyms: nourishing, good for one, full of nourishment, full of nutrients
- Example: His home-cooked burgers are very nutritious.
- Definition: bright with a steady but subdued shining
- Synonyms: agleam, gleaming bright
- Example: This dress has a nitid appearance.
- Definition: notgiven to fighting or assertiveness
- Synonyms: unaggressive, unassertive
- Example: He is a shy and nonaggressive person.
We’ll go over some of the positive words that start with N that will help you and your friends to grow through the difficult times. Because sometimes we only need to hear a few positive words from others.
- Definition: provide with the food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition
- Synonyms: feed, provide for, sustain, maintain
- Example: I was doing everything I could to nourish and protect the baby.
- Definition: in a pleasant or attractive manner
- Synonyms: attractively, pleasantly, pleasingly, agreeably
- Example: She was nicely dressed in flowered cotton.
- Definition: existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind
- Synonyms: unprocessed, organic, pure, wholesome
- Example: Life has its natural course of unfolding.
- Definition: (in Buddhism) a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and the subject is released from the effects of karma and the cycle of death and rebirth
- Synonyms: paradise, heaven, eden, the promised land
- Example: The fundamental teaching of the Buddha is the four dharma seals: impermanence, no-self, suffering, and nirvana, or peace.
- Definition: at the present time or moment
- Synonyms: at the moment, at present, just now, right now
- Example: Many people now own a smartphone.
- Definition: without special intervention; in a natural manner
- Synonyms: normally, in a natural manner, in a natural way
- Example: Naturally everything will be alright in the end.
- Definition: having or expressing strong identification with one’s own nation and vigorous support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations
- Synonyms: nationalist, patriotic
- Example: He was fiercely nationalistic.
- Definition: not judgmental; avoiding moral judgements
- Synonyms: easy-going, tolerant
- Example: It may well be the non-judgmental personality of a machine that motivates a child to persevere.
- Definition: achieving little
- Synonyms: sterile, barren
- Example: In order to succeed you have to leave all your non-productive habits behind.
- Definition: a person desiring or seeking powerful change in your life
- Synonyms: panhandler
- Example: She was novaturient when she didn’t get the part she desired in the play.
These good words that start with N will help you uplift your mind and soul. You will also be able to breathe a new air of positivity in the lives of a lot of people.
- Definition: the best (in something)
- Synonyms: greatest, finest, prime
- Example: He is our number-one player.
- Definition: worthy of attention or notice; remarkable
- Synonyms: noteworthy, remarkable, outstanding, important
- Example: The gardens are notable for their collection of magnolias and camellias.
- Definition: without any break
- Synonyms: limitless, continuous
- Example: Non-stop hard work for just even one month can put you well above others.
- Definition: worth paying attention to; interesting or significant
- Synonyms: notable, worthy of note, interesting, of particular interest
- Example: She has a lot of noteworthy features.
- Definition: characteristic of a good neighbour, especially in being helpful, friendly, or kind
- Synonyms: obliging, helpful, friendly, kind, kindly, amiable
- Example: Shopping for the elderly is a regular feature of neighbourly support.
- Definition: not involving damage or destruction, especially of an object or material that is being tested
- Synonyms: noncorrosive, nonfatal, nonlethal
- Example: Good habits are nondestructive for everyone.
- Definition: require (something) because it is essential or very important rather than just desirable
- Synonyms: require, be in need of, stand in need of, have need of
- Example: Sometimes all that you need is a person by your side.
- Definition: a corner or recess, especially one offering seclusion or security
- Synonyms: recess, corner, alcove, cranny, crevice
- Example: I built a secret nook for my new project.
- Definition: in a neat way
- Synonyms: tidily, smartly, sprucely, cleverly, aptly
- Example: He neatly folded all the shirts and pants.
- Definition: reliable and constant
- Synonyms: faithful, abiding
- Example: Her never-failing loyalty is the reason why I love her so much.
For better or worse, life has its ups and downs and these downs have a lot of negative impacts on us. And this list of positive words that start with N will help us stay positive during tough times.
- Definition: give medical and other attention to (a sick person)
- Synonyms: take care, look after, tend
- Example: He was gradually nursed back to health.
- Definition: belonging by rank, title, or birth to the aristocracy
- Synonyms: aristocratic, noble-born, of noble birth, titled, patrician, blue-blooded, high-born, well born
- Example: The medieval palace was once owned by a noble Florentine family.
- Definition: constructive, optimistic, or confident
- Synonyms: practical, useful, productive
- Example: We should always use a non-negative approach to view things.
- Definition: interestingly new or unusual
- Synonyms: new, original, unusual
- Example: He hit on a novel idea to solve his financial problems.
- Definition: pleasing to the eye; attractive
- Synonyms: attractive, nice-looking, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture
- Example: He was a nice-looking guy.
- Definition: a person of conspicuous wealth or high status
- Synonyms: tycoon, millionaire, billionaire
- Example: Keep up the good work and one day you might become a famous nabob.
- Definition: a connection or series of connections linking two or more things
- Synonyms: join, junction, juncture, intersection, link, linkage
- Example: Times Square is the nexus of the New York subway.
- Definition: (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm
- Synonyms: clam, cool, collected
- Example: You should always be nonchalant and never give your enemies a chance to strike.
- Definition: recently discovered or established
- Synonyms: currently found
- Example: These newfound psychological techniques will help you stay healthy.
- Definition: make (something) ineffective by applying an opposite force or effect
- Synonyms: counteract, offset, counterbalance, balance, balance out
- Example: Impatience at his frailty began to neutralize her fear.
This section is all about the words which are frequently used in our daily routine. Most of these are kind words that start with N, so let’s have a look at them.
- Definition: (of a waterway or sea) able to be sailed on by ships or boats
- Synonyms: passable, negotiable, traversable, able to be sailed on
- Example: He crossed a navigable channel on the ship.
- Definition: the food necessary for growth, health, and good condition
- Synonyms: nourishment, food, nutriment, nutrition, fare, diet, daily bread
- Example: We obtain nourishment from plants and other animals.
- Definition: the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations
- Synonyms: the natural world, the living world, mother nature, creation
- Example: He was amazed to see the breathtaking beauty of nature.
- Definition: (of a time) coming immediately after the time of writing or speaking
- Synonyms: following, succeeding, to come, upcoming
- Example: Next time you must perform better.
- Definition: to greet someone
- Synonyms: welcome, bonjour, good day
- Example: Saying namaste is a cultural norm in India.
- Definition: too many to be counted; innumerable
- Synonyms: innumerable, untold, legion, numberless
- Example: There are numberless opportunities for you to grow.
- Definition: a traditional Indian greeting or gesture of respect, made by bringing the palms together before the face or chest and bowing
- Synonyms: inclination, obeisance, nod
- Example: Namaskar Laxman!
- Definition: a woman or girl employed to look after a young child or children
- Synonyms: nanny, governess, nursery nurse
- Example: Our nursemaid is really attentive and watchful.
- Definition: a recently married person
- Synonyms: bridegroom, honeymooner
- Example: The newlyweds shared a kiss.
- Definition: (of a place or object) be situated next to or very nearby (another)
- Synonyms: adjacent, nearest, closest, next-door, next, adjoining
- Example: Our neighbors are very kind people.
We know how difficult it is to impress a person with just a piece of paper but these inspirational words that start with N will help your paper (resume) stand out from the rest.
- Definition: produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before
- Synonyms: recently developed, newly discovered, brand new
- Example: I am also familiar with the new industry trends.
- Definition: in a nimble way
- Synonyms: agilely, lithely, acrobatically, lightly, easily, spryly
- Example: I can nimbly cross all the obstacles in one jump.
- Definition: a comfortable or suitable position in life or employment
- Synonyms: ideal position, calling, vocation, métier, place
- Example: I’ve got a lot of experience in the writing niche.
- Definition: (especially of something unpleasant) having or seeming to have no end
- Synonyms: incessant, continuous, unceasing, ceaseless, constant
- Example: I have a never-ending desire to grow and become the best.
- Definition: relating to or characteristic of a nation; common to a whole nation
- Synonyms: state, public, federal, governments nationwide, countrywide
- Example: I would also like to work for the national interest.
- Definition: a study of sacred edifices
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: I’ve completed a degree in naology from university.
- Definition: very close to; almost
- Synonyms: nearly, just about, about practically, virtually
- Example: I maintained my perfect A-grades for nearly 2 years.
- Definition: a word or set of words by which a person or thing is known, addressed, or referred to
- Synonyms: title, denomination, designation, honorific
- Example: I’ve completed my education at one of the top universities named Stanford.
- Definition: a person who excels in a particular skill or activity
- Synonyms: specialist, authority, pundit
- Example: I am like a coding ninja.
- Definition: a person who is nominated as a candidate for election or an honour or award
- Synonyms: applicant, job applicant, job-seeker, prospective employee
- Example: I’ve also been the nominee of best worker award for 3 straight years.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with N
Positive words are not the only important words in the lexicon but they assist us in conveying a message positively.
And as Maya Angelou said, “At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.”
So how do you make someone feel good? By showing positive actions and using positive words.
These positive words that start with N will be your tools in this objective and will lead you to a more peaceful life.
The best thing about using these positive words is that they keep us humble and help us attract positive energy into life. If used in the right manner and daily basis they are nothing less than any mantra.
Would you like to add any other positive words that start with N in our list? If, yes then do comment those words in the section below.
People also search for verbs that start with N,adjectives that start with Nandnouns that start with N.